Luxurious Singita Sabi Sand South Africa 2015
1 photographer per row of seating on the Game Drive Vehicle
Join wildlife and adventure photographer Gavin Slabbert, for a luxurious photo safari in the heart of Sabi Sand,
at one of South Africa’s premier game reserves.
This 10 day, action-packed photo workshop will be held at the Singita Sabi Sand,
one of Travel and Leisure World’s Top 10 Hotels for 2012 & 2013.
The exclusive photo safari workshop will offer some of the best lion, leopard, elephant, and cheetah photography in the world, as well as an opportunity to photograph Africa’s “Big Five” which are elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo and rhinoceros.
This luxury photo safari is specifically targeted at the serious photographer and game viewer.
We’ve booked, two private game vehicles each with 3 rows of seating. As the safari is limited to six photographers,
each photographer has their own row in the vehicle to photograph from.
The safari is based out of Singita’s Castleton House, an exclusive and private residence located in the heart of the Singita Private Game Reserve.
September 07 – September 16, 2015
About the Photographic Safari:
I will be shooting alongside you most of the time, and will provide assistance on specific topics such as dealing with backlit subjects, panning, and wildlife behavior characteristics.
This safari and workshop is about photography, and we willl make images from dusk to dawn each day. We will all work with each other, exchange information and ideas, talk about photography and enjoy the African bush.
Due of the unique location of this workshop and the luxury accommodations, this workshop adventure is open to spouses as well as photographers. Non-photographer companions will find the locales visited and the wildlife viewing opportunities stunning.
• Private use of the Singita Castleton Camp – a private luxury residence in the Singita Private Game Reserve.
• 2 private game vehicles and each photographer will be assigned 1 row of seating.
• Each Safari is limited to 6 photographers.
• Private air charter between Johannesburg and Singita. The charter has a luggage allowance of 30 kgs per person as per Singita and not the 20kg allowance for regularly scheduled flights to the Sabi Sands.
• Singita’s professionally trained and certified guides will help us in find the wildlife we intend to photograph.
• This safari offers unbelievable game viewing and photography opportunities at a luxury setting in the South African bush.
• Private accommodation for each photographer and or couple. A single photographer will have their own private accommodation and will not be required to share with some other unknown person.
Hmmm … is This Safari For me:
Here are some highlights to assist in your decision making process:
• Photographers of all skill levels are most welcome.
• This safari is all about learning, enjoyment and includes instruction that should fulfill each photographers requirements.
• Our “classroom sessions” are optional, and are highly recommended.
• Non-photographer spouses / companions / assistants will love the luxury while the photographers indulge in their passion.
• Singita’s professionally trained guides lead all safaris and any of the available optional activities.
• Private Accommodation for each person or couple at Singita. (Singles will get their own Private accommodation).
• Accommodation for your arrival night of either October 10th at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg if required.
• 2 private safari vehicles and all safari activities at Singita Castleton camp.
• One row per photographer on the game drive vehicles.
• Private round-trip charter flights from Johannesburg to Singita Sabi Sand.
• All road transfers to/from the airport and the Emperors Palace hotel in Johannesburg.
• All meals and drinks, including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs (excluding French champagne) at Singita.
• Daily laundry at Singita.
• Tourism Levies, and the 14% VAT (Value Added Tax).
What’s Not Included:
• International airfare and other transportation between your place of departure and Johannesburg International airport.
• Laundry and any extras at Emperors Palace Hotel.
• All gratuities (Singita guides and staff).
• Visas (if applicable)
• Travel Insurance.
• Personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls etc.)
Number of Photographers / non-Photographers:
We limit each safari to 6 photographers and their spouse / companions, however each vehicle will be limited to 3 photographers
Non-photographer companions / assistants will share the photographer’s row of seating
Day 1 – Singita Sabi Sand Castleton Camp – Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
On arrival at Singita airstrip, we will be met by Singita personnel and transferred to Castleton House.
With 10 days of game viewing, we will have tons of time to focus on the predators that surround Singita, especially its lion and leopard.
Expect to see lion, leopard and other predators, general game and birds of prey each day.
Day 10 – After the morning game drive, guests will be returned to the airstrip, and fly back to Johannesburg.
The Sabi-Sand Game Reserve borders the world-renowned Kruger National Park. With no fences to intrude, the wildlife moves and migrates freely thought the region, providing one-in-a-lifetime photographic and game-viewing opportunities, all from the comfort of open-top, four-wheel drive vehicles. Singita offers the chance to view and photograph the “Big Five” of Africa: elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo and rhinoceros.
Once the private home of the owners of Singita, the Bailes family, Castleton is now available for groups of up to twelve guests at a time. Surrounding the classic stone farmhouse with its wide veranda, the six chalets at Castleton are luxuriously appointed in a comfortable colonial style, and enjoy one of the most beautiful views in the Sabi Sand Reserve. The farmhouse and its charming rooms are adorned with fascinating memorabilia and artifacts that create an ambiance of understated luxury in a homey, bush atmosphere.
There are 3 double cottages (4 twin rooms and 2 double rooms), all with en suite bathrooms. All rooms are air-conditioned and also have ceiling fans. The main farmhouse has wide verandas and an expansive lounge and dining area. Other amenities include a swimming pool, tennis court, Internet, satellite TV, and a library.
The comfortable beds are complete with beautiful crisp percale cotton linen, down comforters and pillows, and gracious mosquito netting. Special touches to each suite are in the fine details provided, from weather notes and African poems, to a fine array of bath salts and other bathroom amenities.
An inviting lounge with breathtaking views over the bush creates the ideal setting to relax with a book or while away the afternoon with a pair of binoculars in the comfort of your air-conditioned suite – a wonderful reprieve from the heat of the midday sun.
Guests will enjoy sublime cuisine prepared by an executive chef, vintage South African wines, fireside dinners in the boma and sundowners out in the bush.
We focus on freshly produced meals in wonderful surroundings – complimenting the friendly and attentive service, all of which is included.
* Please make us aware of any food allergies and or special dietary requirements[catalog-product id=”1697″] [catalog-product id=”1699″] A $2500.00 per person deposit is required at the time of booking to reserve your spot on safari.
Please contact Gavin at (916) 759-0776 or via the contact page to discuss availability
So … what’s next:
Our groups are kept to a maximum of 6 photographers, thus space is very limited. If this spectacular photo safari piques your interest, then register now.
Remember, there is limited space for this safari and when it’s filled – that’s it!
If you have any questions prior to registering, please contact us, or to discuss this in person, call Gavin at 916 759-0776
Refund and Cancellation Policy for this safari:
All deposits are fully refundable up to 90 days from the date of the reservation, unless the reservation is made within 6 months of the safari commencement date, then the following refund policy will apply.
After 90 days from the date of the reservation 50% of the deposit is refundable up to 6 months prior to the Safari.
Within 6 months of the safari commencement date, and up to 90 days prior the commencement date of the safari, 100% of the deposit is forfeited, all other funds are refundable.
Unfortunately there is no refund for no shows or cancellations within 90 days of this safari.
For additional information you may want to read through the FAQ page