Predator Workshop & Safari
Sabi Sand South Africa
The ultimate Predator workshop & Safari
Images in Africa Safaris offer 10 day Safari & Photography Workshop
Number of Guests / Photographers:
This is a SMALL GROUP safari and as a result we limit the group to 5 persons.
August 17 - 26, 2016
Join wildlife and adventure photographer Gavin Slabbert for this 10 day action-packed safari workshop in the world renowned Sabi Sand Private game reserve, which is in the heart of South Africa’s big cat country.
The workshop has been specially designed around southern Africa’s predators and big game. This is a Photography workshop & Safari that not only promises Big Cat close encounters, but will provide a wildlife rich experience for the spouse or non-photographer partner. You will head home with additional photography skills as well as unbelievable images of Southern Africa's big cats, including images of Southern Africa's elusive and iconic leopard.
Additionally you will also see the critically endangered Rhino as well as many Southern Africa's spectacular critters such as Elephant, Hyena, Giraffe, Plains Zebra, Hippo, Baboons, Warthog, Kudu and Impala, just to name but a few.
But with all of the big predators you will experience on the safari, do not lose sight of the smaller creatures that make up the bush, like the flap neck Chameleon, the Stick Insect, Mongoose, Honey Badger and so on.
Gavin will provide instruction before during and after each shoot, and will share his secrets to capturing the elusive “dramatic moment”.
Track the big five as you become immersed in the diverse wildlife and unique cultures of Southern Africa. Enjoy and experience the all inclusive deluxe accommodation, service, hospitality and ethnic cuisine catered by our private chef.
The Bush Lodge:
Again in 2016 we have booked the lodge exclusively, this allows us to control what the guides / Rangers do and how long we get to stay out in the bush each day. If we need to be in the bush shooting past breakfast, then we can do that, if we are on a kill and need to stay we can do that.
The lodge, located Sabi Sand, South Africa, which is world renowned and is a premier wildlife region is in the center of the densest Leopard population in the world, is located on a waterhole and is a 4 star lodge that provides not only stunning scenery, wildlife interaction, but privacy, luxury and they cater to every personal need, for both the photographer as well as the non-photographer partner
The Bush Lodge is situated in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve and shares an un-fenced border with the Kruger National Park. An African Jewel, with a diverse abundance of wildlife.
Set in a comfortable environment, the Bush Lodge offers a true safari experience extraordinaire where guests become one with nature.
As your day draws to a close, feel the thrill as the nocturnal animals rule the night while you indulge in typical African cuisine around an open fire in a traditional Leadwood Boma.
As you experience the awakening of the bushveld, your experienced ranger and tracker set you out on a drive to endure the smell of the bushveld as a fresh encounter unfolds before your eyes. The day is filled with opportunity as you are beckoned into the heart of Africa.
- 9 morning game drives in our private game vehicle
- 9 Afternoon / Evening game drives in our game drive vehicle
- 8 Ranger led Game walks (one per day)
- 10 days accommodation in Private Luxury Suites in the Game Reserve
- Breakfast lunch and dinner provided by our Private chef
- 3 Photography workshop sessions each 3 hours in duration (formal or informal as is required)
- 1 late night workshop session on shooting star trails and astro-photography and long exposures
- Personalized training in the field for those that require it
- Transportation to and from Hoedspruit airport to the lodge
- All tourism levies
- VAT (South African Sales tax)
- All entry and gate fees to the reserves
Nkorho bush lodge,Sabi Sand, South Africa
What you will gain from the workshop:
- Composition techniques for action photography
- Stunning images of Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, and the balance of the Big 5
- Photographing moving subjects in a variety of lighting situations
- Panning techniques to create the sense of movement
- Lens selection and composition to create emotion and impact in your images
- Workflow tips and techniques to improve images
- Critiques to open your eyes to different possibilities & improve your photographic skills
We focus on freshly produced meals in wonderful surroundings - complimenting the friendly and attentive service, all of which is included.
Deposit of $1500.00 is required at time of booking to reserve your spot on safari.
Price is $6995.00 per person sharing, and payment balance is required no later than 120 days prior to the safari.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
If you must cancel your reservation, Images in Africa Safaris will assess a cancellation charge to cover loss of nonrefundable advance payments we have made on your behalf to ground operators and government agencies, communication expenses, and the loss of time that may permit resale of your space. Exceptions to our cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including weather, terrorism, civil unrest, or personal emergencies. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early. No refunds will be given for unused hotel rooms, meals, or sightseeing trips for any reason whatsoever. Percentage charges are calculated on total trip cost. The following cancellation charges will apply:
All deposits are fully refundable up to 90 days from the date of the reservation, unless the reservation is made within 6 months of the safari commencement date. If the reservation is made less than 6 months of the safari commencement date, then the following refund policy will apply: After 90 days from the date of the reservation, 50% of the deposit is refundable up to 6 months prior to the safari commencement date. Within 6 months of the safari commencement date, and up to 90 days prior the safari commencement date, 100% of the deposit is forfeited but all other funds are refundable. There are no refunds for no shows or cancellations made within 90 days of the safari commencement date.
We recommend obtaining trip cancellation/ interruption and baggage loss insurance which is available from various providers. This coverage may offset cancellation charges in the event of illness before or during the trip and/or if you need to cancel for work reasons depending on the coverage provided by the plan.
- We cannot guarantee that you will view and experience every species as wildlife behavior patterns are unpredictable, however the dates selected and the region selected will provide the best opportunity for the ultimate wildlife experience.
- Spouse, partners, assistants share the photographers row of seating.
For additional information you may want to read through the FAQ page